Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thoughts...

Today i have had alot of time to myself. Nick worked from 5 to 3:30 and i was home alone all day. Alexei took a 3 hour nap [this usually doesn't happen all at once...] so i spent a lot of time on the computer. For some reason i had the feeling to go to the sight lds.org...

I happened to come across a talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks.

As i read this talk i realized i have a lot to work on. I dont want to go into my personal issues too much but a couple things stuck out in my mind.

First off...

"Lord, i will follow the"

Hymn number 220.

"Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can’t see.
Who am I to judge another?
Lord, I would follow thee.

Matthew 7:1
1.Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2.For with that judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with that measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

"We all make judgments in choosing our friends, in choosing how we will spend our time and our money, and, of course, in choosing an eternal companion. Some of these intermediate judgments are surely among those the Savior referenced when He taught that “the weightier matters of the law” include judgmentThus, we must refrain from making final judgments on people because we lack the knowledge and the wisdom to do so. We would even apply the wrong standards. The world’s way is to judge competitively between winners and losers. The Lord’s way of final judgment will be to apply His perfect knowledge of the law a person has received and to judge on the basis of that person’s circumstances, motives, and actions throughout his or her entire life"
and
"Since mortals cannot suppose that they will be acting as final judges at that future, sacred time, why did the Savior command that we not judge final judgments? I believe this commandment was given because we presume to make final judgments whenever we proclaim that any particular person is going to hell (or to heaven) for a particular act or as of a particular time. When we do this—and there is great temptation to do so—we hurt ourselves and the person we pretend to judge."



I have a lot to work on. I'm not perfect, no one is. but i do need to try and better myself.


Just a thought



No comments:

Post a Comment