Friday, September 9, 2011

9-10-11


Beaver Hockey ended Friday night.
Sad, sad day. You may think im crazy but i love hockey and i love to see my husband and his friends have such a good time together.
I like that Nick has his "things" and I have my own "things."
I would never ever be the wife that says "really these 9:15 and 10:45 games again?"
i can live through one late night a week to support Nick and his friends.
[can you tell its been a rough day?]

The bright thing about beaver hockey being over is that the NHL 2011-2012 season is starting soon! and you better believe for the 3rd year in a row, we will be at the Ave's season opener. [Alexei's 1st NHL game!]



Some girls spend their money having "spa day", getting their nails or toes done, or having a girls night. But lets get real how fun is it really? Usually your thinking "When is this night going to be over so i can get home and get in my Pj's and watch a good movie". Dont get me wrong, I've done the whole girly girl life before. I loved cheer and dance and makeup and curling my hair and getting pedicures but honestly who likes to spend hours and hours and hundreds of dollars on the way they look.
What it all comes down to is that people are soooo worried about what friends or family or that "ex girlfriend" thinks about you.

and right now im taking this opportunity to say I DONT CARE!
you can think im stupid for having more fun with my husbands friends than girlfriends. You can tell me im dumb for liking to play NHL on the playstation with my husband and his friends. You can tell me im crazy for spending hundreds of dollars on NHL games to sit 2nd row.
You can also tell me im crazy for wanting my daughter to play hockey instead of dancing and fashion and worrying sooo much about what other people think and becoming someone she isnt.

After high school, Cheer and Dance do nothing for your life unless all you did was eat, sleep, dance. Look at the USA womens hockey team... would you call them stupid for being a girl and playing hockey? i dont think so. you're probably jealous thats not you up there doing what you love to go for something as cool as a gold medal.

Now dont get me wrong. If Alexei grows up and wants to dance, BE MY GUEST! i will pay countless amounts of money to make my baby happy with her life and herself.

I love my baby.
I love my life.
Trust me, I [obviously] have problems myself and i DON'T need you to add to them.

Thanks for letting me vent blog world!
i hope everyone has a good night and day tomorrow!
i know i'll have a better day.

2 comments:

  1. You seem upset. I think its so fun Autumn that you have the same interests as your husband and I hope for you guys that your daughter grows up and loves hockey just as much. You are a very supportive wife and I think that's great.. I'm one of the ones that doesn't love or have the best attitude about the 10:45 games, and I'm sorry if I have ever offended you. I'm happy that you are so happy with your life, cause you really should be. I hope that youre having a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not you Em. Im just sick of the opinions everyone has and the immature gossip! It's not you! Promise!!

    ReplyDelete